Programs are designed to encourage involvement. Activities are structured to build on the interests and strengths of individuals. Activities focus on developing coping skills, interpersonal, and social skills. We provide structured and unstructured opportunities through recreational outings, craft, baking and music groups, support and educational small groups, and one-to-one support and advocacy.
Prevocational programs include:
- The Drop-in center, known as the Members Club, offers a welcoming, engaging, accepting environment where people can develop a social support system and peer support network and focus on ways to stay well.
- Scheduled daily activities are listed on a Monthly calendar: eg. Art Studio drop-in, Open Jam & Karaoke, Music group, Theatre group, Crafts, Baking, Bingos, Yoga, etc.
- Social leisure activities: morning stretching-walking, Lawson-Field house, Access to YM.
- Special events like Mental Heath week, holiday celebrations, and collaborative gatherings with community partners.
- Opportunities for peer lead groups like anxiety support; we encourage member to develop new groups.
- Skill building sessions in group activities like community kitchen, wellness club, self-esteem, coping strategies, etc. or 1-1 with staff.
- Presentations on health & wellness, on community resources, and special interest topics, etc.
- Community outings: help to learn how to access public resources and leisure /entertainment available in the community, as well as have some fun.
- Lunch Program at noon.
- Volunteer opportunities.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS AND GROUPS
- The Free Spirit Band
- Reel Anti-Supressants Theater Group
- Anxiety Support Group
- Wellness Club